NASCAR officials handed out a stack of fines and penalties following Sunday's race in Phoenix. Jeff Gordon suffered the brunt of that wrath with a $100,000 fine and the loss of 25 points in the Sprint Cup Championship for his involvement in a crash that doused Clint Bowyer's chances of taking a points lead. Gordon was also put on probation through the end of the year.
- Zach Bowman
- Nov 13, 2012
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Nov 12, 2012
The NASCAR Sprint Cup always gets a little more exciting this time of year as it prepares to name its champion at the season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, but racers Jeff Gordon and Clint Bowyer made sure there was a little extra action at the penultimate race over the weekend in Phoenix. Looking like a mix of a demolition derby and a World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) brawl, Gordon and Bowyer traded paint a few times during the race before members of their pits crews traded blows.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models