With Sacha Baron Cohen's latest movie, The Dictator, raking in box office millions, our friends at Hagerty Insurance have compiled a list of the Top 10 Dictator Car Guys. While we're familiar with the automotive fancies of some foreign rulers – like Kim Jong-Il, whose funeral was something of a classic car parade – this list digs deep into the annals of totalitarianism.
- Jeff Glucker
- Mar 31, 2011
Muammar Gaddafi has been running the show in Libya for the last 42 years. During that time, he's also been behind the investment maneuvers of the Libyan Arab Foreign Bank. In 1976, he reportedly instructed that $415 million be used to buy a stake in Fiat. Over time, that investment has turned into a 14 percent ownership stake in the Italian automaker.
- Jonny Lieberman
- Sep 2, 2009
Muammar Gaddafi's Libyan Rocket - Click above for high-res image gallery
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models