Planning to reduce its platform count to just four, Mercedes-Benz will put the next generation SL on the same Modular Sports Architecture (MSA) as the upcoming SLK. Right now they are the only two cars planned to use MSA, with the firm's other rear-wheel-drive cars going on the Modular Rear Architecture (MRA). That leaves the Modular Front and Modular High architectures for the rest of the lineup.
- Chris Bruce
- Apr 1, 2014
Mercedes-Benz has had great success with its front-wheel drive compact platform that underpins the CLA-Class, GLA-Class and other models. Now, it looks like that spirit of sharing might be moving up market for the Three-Pointed Star. AutoBild in Germany suggests the company is working on a modular chassis for the next SL-Class and SLK-Class, and it would be just one of many rumored changes for the droptop models.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models