There are no certainties on the auction circuit, though any association with the late Steve McQueen can almost guarantee an upward nudge on the final bid. Throw in a provenance that includes multiple racing wins, work in one of the most beloved films in automotive history along with an iconic livery and you've got the 1968 Ford GT40 Gulf/Mirage Lightweight Racing car seen here. The car took the checkered flag at Spa in 1967 when it was still Mirage M.10003, becoming the first car to wear the pow
Le Mans Movie
- Zach Bowman
- Dec 1, 2011
Next month will see all sorts of great movie memorabilia go up for auction. Steve McQueen's racing suit from the legendary film Le Mans will go under the gavel alongside the last privately owned DeLorean DMC-12 during Profiles in History's "Icons of Hollywood" auction. The two-piece Gulf Racing suit was originally donated to a British newspaper when filming concluded in 1971.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models