Once upon a time, the crate engines of choice for independent sportscar-makers came from Detroit. But just as the German manufacturers have raised the mantle of the muscle car with such super-sedans as the Mercedes E63 AMG, Audi RS6 and BMW M5, so to have the Germans become the new source for niche automakers. But don't take our word for it: just look to examples like the Mercedes-powered Pagani Zonda, BMW-driven Wiesmann GT, not to mention the Veritas RSIII and the Audi-engined Gumpert Apollo.
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Jun 17, 2009
In 67 days, the Joss supercar will be revealed. The brainchild of Matt Thomas, an aerodynamicist with the short-lived Stewart F1 team, the car has been wholly designed and engineered in Australia. The details revealed so far might not make one immediately think "super" status applies since the car has "only" 469 hp and 479 lb-ft. of twist.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models