Late last year, Hertz announced its by-the-hour plug-in car rental program. The list of available (or soon-to-be-available) vehicles is exhaustive and includes the Nissan Leaf, Chevrolet Volt, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Tesla Roadster, Smart ED and Coda Sedan. The first of the plug-ins hit Hertz' New York City rental lots back on December 15th.
Hertz Electric Cars
- Eric Loveday
- Dec 9, 2010
If testing out the newest electric vehicles is high on your list of priorities, then perhaps you should check out Hertz's by-the-hour plug-in car rental program. Hertz is willing to bet that curious consumers will flock to their lots for some extended drive time in a plug-in vehicle and has thus decided to make the Nissan Leaf, Chevrolet Volt, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Tesla Roadster, Smart ED and Coda Sedan available for rent through its Connect by Hertz program.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Dec 6, 2010
Smart ED – Click above for high-res image gallery
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models