General Motors announced late Friday that it will recall around 370,000 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra fullsize pickups from the 2014 model year over a possible fire risk. The recall covers select 4.3-liter V6 and 5.3-liter V8 models, which can evidently suffer engine compartment fires due to the overheating of exhaust components. GM notes that the fire issue may be preceded by a check engine light and an "engine power reduced" message on the driver information display.
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Jan 21, 2013
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has issued a recall notice for a small number of General Motors fullsize vans due to possible rollaway concerns. On certain 2013 Chevrolet Express and 2013 GMC Savana models, it is possible to remove the key from the ignition without the shifter being in park.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models