Chevrolet Volt testing at Pikes Peak - Click above for video after the jump
Gm Volt Batteries
GM invests $8 million to double size of high-tech battery lab, replacing some engine dynamometers to make room
- Eric Loveday
- Apr 14, 2010
Bill Wallace showing off the Volt cell and battery pack – Click above for high-res image gallery
- Xavier Navarro
- Jun 23, 2007
Like some other automakers, GM is teaming up with a battery supplier, Continental, to develop lithium ion batteries for their range of vehicles. Continental makes all kinds of auto parts, although they're best known for making tires. The Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Hybrids already have a hybrid powertrain sourced from Continental, but the announced agreement will work on lithium-ion batteries which are more efficient.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models