Last time we told you about the EU's new CO2 limits, they were almost done. Naturally, the politicians needed a bit more time to discuss them, but now it is official: the EU has new CO2 limits for cars. The numbers remain the same: automakers will have to sell an array of cars that produce an average of 130 g/km in 2015. This limit will be gradually implemented: 65 percent of the fleet should be compliant in 2012, 75 percent in 2013, 80 percent in 2014 and 100 percent in 2015 (of course, all thi
- Xavier Navarro
- Dec 5, 2008
The telenovela story of limiting vehicle emissions in the EU might have finally reached its penultimate chapter. The Parliament and the French President of the European Union have, after far too long a time, found an agreement on CO2 emission limits for car manufacturers. Now it's just a matter of getting the European Commission to pass the agreement as a bill so it becomes law for the 27 country members.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models