A total of 1,060 electric sanitation trucks were put into service in the city of Beijing, China, on June 30. These electric-only, commercial-duty trucks will conduct tasks such as transporting garbage, sweeping streets and scooping up roadkill.
Electric Garbage Truck
- Eric Loveday
- Dec 10, 2010
Dow Kokam and PVI have teamed up to develop a small fleet of battery-powered garbage trucks. The electric truck and its interchangeable battery system, which will be produced and assembled in France, were unveiled last week at Pollutec 2010.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models