As scheduled, Chrysler says that it will deploy 20 plug-in hybrid Ram trucks by month's end, with ten headed to Clark County, Nevada and ten shipping out to Yuma, Arizona.
Dodge Ram Hybrid Ram
- Sebastian Blanco
- Jan 31, 2011
For the past year or so, battery manufacturer Electrovaya has been working with Chrysler on a prototype plug-in hybrid Ram pickup truck. The prototype uses Electrovaya's 12-kWh lithium ion "SuperPolymer" battery system that provides enough energy to move the truck for 20 miles on battery power. If everything goes according to schedule, Chrysler will start delivering the first plug-in Ram trucks to fleets this summer.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models