The fine is equivalent to $3,660 per uncertified diesel engine.
Diesel School Bus
- Eric Loveday
- Jul 18, 2011
A recent UCLA study analyzed the performance of retrofit systems for diesel-fueled school buses and discovered the systems significantly reduce tailpipe emissions, but had no measurable effect on in-cabin pollution.
- Sebastian Blanco
- Jun 24, 2007
Last week, the Pittsburgh Healthy School Bus Fund announced it will begin retrofitting Pittsburgh Public Schools' diesel school buses with filtering devices to reduce particulate emissions by up to 85 percent. The initial grant, $500,000 from the Heinz Endowments, will begin work on some of Pittsburgh's 350 buses, and future funding might come from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, the Allegheny County Health Department, and the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models