Chris Dodd is the first presidential candidate to support a carbon tax. David Roberts at Grist read through Dodd's energy speech from yesterday and found a firm stand on not only expanding a cap and trade bill but enacting a corporate carbon tax.
David Roberts Grist
Just how much impact will new House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming really have? Grist talks to the chairman
- Mike Magda
- Mar 23, 2007
With auto industry stalwart John Dingell in charge of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Democrats wanted to ensure that lawmakers and the rest of the country got an earful of global warming issues. So House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged the House to create a new committee to address energy issues, including global warming and fuel economy. Rep. Edward Markey of Massachusetts is the chairman. The Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming sets up a confrontation, at least in d
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models