American racer Robby Gordon was forced to withdraw from the 2016 Dakar Rally after an accident involving his support crew. Gordon had been on his way to the podium.
- Zach Bowman
- Jan 10, 2013
Dakar Rally organizers report a support vehicle and two taxis were involved in an accident on January 9. The support vehicle collided head-on with a taxi carrying six people, while the second taxi, carrying four people, overturned several times in an attempt to avoid the accident. Seven people were injured and are now being treated in a hospital in Tacna, Peru, including three occupants of the support vehicle. Tragically, the driver and one passenger in the first taxi died of injuries sustained
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models