Daimler has already admitted that its 19.9% share in Chrysler is worth absolutely zero as far as its corporate balance sheets are concerned, but that's not stopping Cerberus from going after that remaining bit as it tries to become the sole owner of the beleaguered American automaker. Without full control of Chrysler, Cerberus would have a tough time offloading it in either one lump deal or in smaller, bit-by-bit transactions. But it sounds like Chrysler's majority owner isn't making life easy f
- Chris Tutor
- May 13, 2007
It was only hours ago we reported that Cerberus looked more likely than Magna to buy Chrysler. Now The Detroit News is reporting the firm may have already been chosen as the preferred buyer and an announcement could come as early as Monday. Reuters and The Wall Street Journal say negotiations are still ongoing.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models