How close does the Terrafugia Transition come to fulfilling the Jetsonian promise of a flying car? To Terrafugia CEO Carl Dietrich's own admission, "we usually think of it more as an airplane that has the added capability of driving." Still, the Transition is unlike anything else in the sky or on the road, even if it's not exactly the futuristic flying car that Hanna-Barbera imagined back in the 1960s.
- Adam Morath
- Sep 2, 2013
It's a car... It's a plane... It's the Terrafugia Transition! We catch up with the team behind the Terrafugia Transition flying car at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wis. Terrafugia CEO Carl Dietrich explains this amazing feat of aeronautic and automotive engineering, then the Transition makes its first-ever public flight demonstration.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models