Back in May, Formula One Group CEO Bernie Ecclestone announced that the racing organization had secured a deal with the city of Austin, Texas to bring the series to America for 10 years. All of that sounded great to American racing fans, but there have been lingering questions as to whether it was possible to get the city ready for F1 by 2012, which is when the contract is scheduled to go into effect.
- Zach Bowman
- May 28, 2010
We now know who will be drawing up the Austin, Texas Formula One circuit. According to ESPN F1, the man behind the grand prix track will be none other than Hermann Tilke – the sport's favorite designer. His engineering firm has been behind over 10 tracks since 1998 and is currently working on at least four others, including the new facility here in the good ol' US of A.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models