Nissan hasn't had a proper European entry in the ridiculously popular compact hatchback segment since it stopped offering its somewhat staid and uninspiring Almera (above) in 2006. According to Automotive News Europe, the new machine, which will not be called Almera, will be marketed against the Volkswagen Golf and Ford Focus – two extremely popular models in Europe. Production is slated to begin in July of 2014.
- George Kennedy
- Aug 29, 2012
Nissan has taken advantage of the Moscow Motor Show to unveil a new Russian-specific sedan with an old name. The Nissan Almera is a new offering that will be built in Russia and feature attributes that, according to Nissan, "meet the unique demands of the Russian market." What exactly does that mean? The Almera features raised ground clearance (just check out the gaps in the wheel wells), special anti-corrosion treatment for the chrome bits and added production for the underbody.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models