We have just joined the journalist hordes in Affalterbach for some early peeks at AMG's imminent future, and the downsizing trend is really catching on, even here with Mercedes-Benz and its traditionally big-engined high-performance arm.
- Noah Joseph
- Jun 13, 2012
With the launch of the new A-Class, Mercedes-Benz is getting serious about the premium hatchback segment – much more than it was with the previous A-Class, B-Class and the old, C-Class Sport Coupe. And with the premium hatchback territory comes the high-end hot hatch market. Audi is already playing that game with the RS3 and BMW is heading in with the new M135i, so Mercedes is going to need an entry of its own. And this is the latest on its development.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models