Can you push a marble through a rusted-out hole in the frame of your 2000-2003 Toyota Tundra? If so, you may be eligible for a brand new frame courtesy of Toyota Motor Company. Toyota truck fanboy site Tundra Headquarters reports that the automaker is going a step beyond its original recall, which covered rusting rear-cross members. That recall was originally intended for the 20 cold weather states, though Toyota later expanded the safety action nationwide.
2001 Toyota Tundra
- Chris Shunk
- May 10, 2010
- Jonathon Ramsey
- Nov 23, 2009
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) began a preliminary evaluation last month of rusting Tundra frames from the 2000 and 2001 model years. Around 200 complaints had been registered before the NHTSA commenced its investigation, with upwards of seventy more complaints coming in since then.
- Volvo XC40 revealed | Style and substance
- Genesis G70 | Arrow to the heart of the Germans
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Nissan Leaf Quick Spin: Will it electrify buyers?
- Ford Ranger Raptor: What it might look like
- Find and compare 2018 models