Chrysler has issued a recall of 278,222 light trucks and sport utility vehicles here in the United States. The reason: bad rear axles. Specifically, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the rear axle pinion nut may lack a necessary adhesive patch, which could cause the nut to loosen. If this happens, the axle can lock up, which could cause all sorts of havoc on the road.
RAM Dakota Recalls
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Oct 8, 2012
Chrysler is issuing a recall for the 2009 and 2010 Ram 1500 and Dodge Dakota pickup trucks due to improper installation of the rear axle pinion nut. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, a total of 44,300 trucks are affected by the recall, and there have been 12 confirmed incidents including one crash.
- Jeep Wrangler Rubicon two-door soft top spied
- 2018 Nissan Leaf First Drive Review
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Juan Pablo Montoya in Chiron sets speed record
- Audi S5 Coupe Drivers' Notes | Athletic luxury
- Find and compare 2018 models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.