- Hyundai Motor America Now Offers 9 TOP SAFETY PICK / TOP SAFETY PICK+ Models in the U.S. Market, One of the Most Prolific Top Safety Pick-Awarded Brands in the Industry
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Feb. 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that Hyundai tied for the most combined TOP SAFETY PICK+ and TOP SAFETY PICK-rated vehicles in the automotive industry today. Hyundai has nine award-winning vehicles.
The Hyundai Nexo is one of six TOP SAFETY PICK+ winners not sold with anything other than good-rated headlights. A good rating means headlights provide the best balance of visibility and lack of excessive glare for drivers of oncoming vehicles. Eight other Hyundai models won TOP SAFETY PICK awards.
Hyundai's TOP SAFETY PICK award winning SUVs are:
- Hyundai Kona with optional front crash protection and specific headlights
- Hyundai Tucson with optional front crash protection and specific headlights
- Hyundai Palisade with specific headlights
- Hyundai Santa Fe with specific headlights
Hyundai's TOP SAFETY PICK winning cars are:
- Hyundai Elantra with optional front crash protection and specific headlights
- Hyundai Elantra GT with optional front crash protection and specific headlights
- Hyundai Veloster with optional front crash protection and specific headlights
- Hyundai Sonata with specific headlights
"Our SmartSense safety features and advanced vehicle platforms offer something that our owners and new car shoppers really want," said Andy Freels, president, Hyundai America Technical Center. "Hyundai and its engineering teams continue to make vehicles even safer by prioritizing cutting-edge safety. With Hyundai SmartSense features like Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist, Driver Attention Warning, Blind-Spot Collision Warning, Lane Keeping Assist and more, our latest vehicles deliver tools to ensure trust."
Hyundai Motor America
At Hyundai Motor America, we believe everyone deserves better. From the way we design and build our cars to the way we treat the people who drive them, making things better is at the heart of everything we do. Hyundai's technology-rich product lineup of cars, SUVs and alternative-powered electric and fuel cell vehicles is backed by Hyundai Assurance—our promise to create a better experience for customers. Hyundai vehicles are sold and serviced through more than 830 dealerships nationwide and nearly half of those sold in the U.S. are built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. Hyundai Motor America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, and is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Company of Korea.
Please visit our media website at www.HyundaiNews.com
Hyundai Motor America on Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hyundai-ties-for-the-most-combined-iihs-top-safety-pick-and-top-safety-pick-awards-for-2020-301004221.html
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America