- #10: Hummer
- While the fuel thirsty Hummer has has fallen out of favor with just about everyone in the real world, it's still a big hit for special events. The Hummer screams "Look at me," and since you're already dressed up with a date on your arm, this is as good a time as any to get noticed. You can pick any Hummer you want, too. Just be warned - the higher number residing to the right of the capital H, the less impressed your date is likely to be. Of course, if you go for the classic H1, however, remember that you'll be at arm's length from your companion thanks to the engine doghouse.
#9: Cadillac CTS-V
- #9: Cadillac CTS-V
- Forget the Cadillac limo. If you want a proper American-made Caddy, the 556-hp CTS-V is your prom chariot of choice. You can tell your date that the CTS-V will hit 60 mph in 3.9 seconds, or that your "friend" John Heinricy took a stock CTS-V to Germany and lapped the 'Ring in under 8 minutes. If that doesn't impress, let them drive. With that much power available at the rear wheels, your date could ruin his or her hair with the windows up.
#8: Rolls-Royce Phantom
- #8: Rolls-Royce Phantom
- The virtues of the Rolls-Royce need not be listed. It's the most recognizable luxury marque on the face of the earth, and its ostentatious looks will gather a crowd when you pull up to the gymnasium on prom night. It doesn't matter how old the Rolls is, either, but we'd suggest digging deep and springing for a 2009 model. Besides massive LCD TVs behind the front seats, you can design the LED sky lights to resemble the constellation of zits on your date's face. If that's not the all-time deal-clincher, we don't know what is.
#7: Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed
- #7: Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed
- If a Rolls-Royce is for prom attendees interested in being driven in style, the Bentley Flying Spur Speed is for those who want to get behind the wheel themselves. For starters, the Flying Spur is always going to set ogler's necks a-snapping, while tapping into its 600-hp beast of a powerplant will pin you and your date to your seats. Just don't try to go anywhere near this Bentley's 200 mph limits, lest ye wants to end up in jail or dead.
#6: Lamborghini Reventon
- #6: Lamborghini Reventon
- If you can somehow score one of the 20 Lamborghini Reventons in existence, you'll surely be the only one at prom to roll up with the rarest of running bulls. We have no doubt that your date will be very impressed, but so will your teachers, your date's parents, and, well, the entire Autoblog team. Heck, if you land a Reventon for your prom, send us a photo (heck, send us 20) and we'll post it on Autoblog.
#5: Toyota Prius
- #5: Toyota Prius
- If your date is into the green scene, she'll be thrilled that you are considering the environment on this most special occasion. The Prius edges out the Honda Insight here because its more commodious back seat dimensions will make for a better post-prom... well, destination. Heck, some limo providers even offer stretched versions, so you can eat your soy cake and have it too.
#4: Harley-Davidson V-Rod Muscle
- #4: Harley-Davidson V-Rod Muscle
- If your date is into bikes or already has an impressive tattoo collection, then you want to shoot the moon and go Harley on prom night. The Harley-Davidson V-Rod Muscle is sleek, quick and sports Brembo brakes and ABS for safety. If you ride a Harley to prom, you're bound to get more attention than any other whip, too. Just imagine a guy in a tux and a girl in a prom dress riding an American-made Hog. Your friends will be talking about it for decades, too, and being a prom legend probably won't suck. You may want to line up a stylist for the dance, though, as helmet hair will never be in vogue.
#3: Conversion Van
- #3: Conversion Van
- The Conversion Van is the poor man's limo bus. You and three of your friends can transport your dates to the prom in comfort, or you and your date can head out to prom sans company. If you go the conversion van route, we suggest that you refrain from converting the back seats into a bed until after the festivities are over. You don't want the prom to end before it begins.
- #2: Helicopter
- Yeah, you're looking at a helicopter. When Theo Huxtable set out to arrive at his prom in the most over-the-top transportation he could think of, the heir to the Huxtable throne opted for overhead blades, and you should too. There are obstacles to getting a prom chopper to be sure, but anyone with the resources to score their own whirly bird can surely find a nearby landing pad.
#1: Lincoln Town Car Limo
- #1: Lincoln Town Car Limo
- What can be mentioned about the Town Car Limousine that hasn't already been said? The Town Car is the most used limo in the history of the business, and with good reason. It's body-on-frame platform makes stretching the base Town Car a snap, and since it has gone unchanged for over a decade, limo makers haven't had to alter their tooling. Your date will love the vast amount of space in the stretch Town Car, and you'll love the fact that it's one of the cheapest limo rentals in the US.