The NHTSA has issued two separate recalls for the Mitsubishi Lancer, Lancer Sportback, Lancer Evolution, Outlander and Outlander Sport, both related to visibility problems.
Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback Recalls
- Noah Joseph
- May 10, 2015
- Chris Bruce
- Oct 10, 2014
Mitsubishi is recalling 165,923 vehicles in the US because it's possible for the drive belt to detach from their engines, potentially causing a stall. Specifically, the campaign covers 2008-2011 model-year examples of the Lancer, Lancer Evolution (pictured above) and Outlander as well as the 2009-2011 Lancer Sportback and 2011 Outlander Sport. All of the affected models use some version of the brand's 4B1 four-cylinder engine.
- 2018 Honda Accord First Drive
- 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV First Drive
- Updated Crossover Buying Guides
- Leaked 2018 Honda Gold Wing photos
- Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class earns top IIHS rating
- Find and compare 2018 models
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.