Nearly all cars depreciate over time, but some are way worse than others. Here are the vehicles that lost the most value in the first year of ownership.
Used Car Book Values
- 2006ToyotaBase2dr 4x2 Regular Cab
- 2006ToyotaBase V82dr 4x2 Regular Cab
- 2006ToyotaSR54dr 4x2 Access Cab
- 2006ToyotaSR5 V84dr 4x2 Access Cab
- 2006ToyotaLTD V84dr 4x2 Access Cab
- 2006ToyotaBase V82dr 4x4 Regular Cab
- 2006ToyotaSR5 V84dr 4x4 Access Cab
- 2006ToyotaLimited V84dr 4x4 Access Cab
- 2006ToyotaSR5 V84dr 4x2 Access Cab Stepside
- 2006ToyotaLimited V84dr 4x2 Access Cab Stepside
- 2006ToyotaSR5 V84dr 4x4 Access Cab Stepside
- 2006ToyotaLimited V84dr 4x4 Access Cab Stepside
- 2006ToyotaSR5 V84x2 Double Cab
- 2006ToyotaLimited V84x2 Double Cab
- 2006ToyotaDarrell Waltrip Edition4x2 Double Cab
- 2006ToyotaSR5 V84x4 Double Cab
- 2006ToyotaLimited V84x4 Double Cab
- 2006ToyotaDarrell Waltrip Edition4x4 Double Cab
Private Seller Price - The amount you can expect to pay if you buy a 2006 Toyota Tundra from a private seller.
Dealer Price - The amount you can expect to pay if you buy a 2006 Toyota Tundra from a dealer.
Trade-In Value - Based on the Black Book value of a 2006 Toyota Tundra, this is the amount you can expect to receive for your Tundra if you sell it to the dealer at the same time you are purchasing a new vehicle.
Private Sale Price - The amount you can expect to actually receive for your 2006 Toyota if you sell it privately.
Car Values News and Advice
You know that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when you drive your brand-new car off the dealer lot and you know it just lost a huge chunk of value as soon as its tires hit the public roads? Yeah, well that feeling is about to sink even lower into the pit of your stomach.
The unofficial consumer holiday is often touted as the best day to get some major discounts, but new data from TrueCar.com shows Black Friday is only the fifth-best day to get a heavily discounted car.
This year's surge in new car sales could make for cheaper used cars down the road.
The American Public Media radio show Marketplace recently tackled the question whether modern vehicles were actually more expensive once you factored in important variables like inflation and cost of ownership.