Nearly all cars depreciate over time, but some are way worse than others. Here are the vehicles that lost the most value in the first year of ownership.
Used Car Book Values
- 2000ChevroletBaseG1500 Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletUpfitter Pkg.G1500 Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG2500 Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletUpfitter Pkg.G2500 Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG2500 Extended Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletUpfitter Pkg.G2500 Extended Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG3500 Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletUpfitter Pkg.G3500 Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG3500 Extended Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletUpfitter Pkg.G3500 Extended Cargo Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG1500 Passenger Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG2500 Passenger Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG2500 Extended Passenger Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG3500 Passenger Van
- 2000ChevroletBaseG3500 Extended Passenger Van
Private Seller Price - The amount you can expect to pay if you buy a 2000 Chevy Express from a private seller.
Dealer Price - The amount you can expect to pay if you buy a 2000 Chevy Express from a dealer.
Trade-In Value - Based on the Black Book value of a 2000 Chevy Express, this is the amount you can expect to receive for your Express if you sell it to the dealer at the same time you are purchasing a new vehicle.
Private Sale Price - The amount you can expect to actually receive for your 2000 Chevy if you sell it privately.
Car Values News and Advice
You know that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when you drive your brand-new car off the dealer lot and you know it just lost a huge chunk of value as soon as its tires hit the public roads? Yeah, well that feeling is about to sink even lower into the pit of your stomach.
The unofficial consumer holiday is often touted as the best day to get some major discounts, but new data from TrueCar.com shows Black Friday is only the fifth-best day to get a heavily discounted car.
This year's surge in new car sales could make for cheaper used cars down the road.
The American Public Media radio show Marketplace recently tackled the question whether modern vehicles were actually more expensive once you factored in important variables like inflation and cost of ownership.