Hello, My sister was recently in a MVA where another driver ran a red light and t-boned her Elantra at 40mph. The airbags did not deploy. The seatbelts broke upon impact. Has this happened to anyone else? Should we contact Hyundai? I have researched and "side impact collision" air bags were supposed to deploy that is the purpose of the vehicle having them. There are no recalls on the vehicle that we are aware of. 1 owner. Bought new.
Hyundai Elantra - Safety features failed
- You will see these arrows in every question page. They allow you to upvote/downvote according to the relevancy of the question/answer.
- Edit your question/answer if you wish to change it or update it.
- If you dont understand something about the question, leave a comment asking. The answer field should be only used for answers.
- If the author of a question marks an answer as the solution, this mark will be visible.
- Click here to see more details about the operation of the system!