how to measure temperature in hyundai accent 2010?
Hyundai Accent - How can I measure temperature in hyundai accent 2010, i have no temp gauge
- You will see these arrows in every question page. They allow you to upvote/downvote according to the relevancy of the question/answer.
- Edit your question/answer if you wish to change it or update it.
- If you dont understand something about the question, leave a comment asking. The answer field should be only used for answers.
- If the author of a question marks an answer as the solution, this mark will be visible.
- Click here to see more details about the operation of the system!
Ayman, this is a very common question nowadays.
More and more, auto manufacturers are ditching the traditional temperature gauges in favor of simpler dashboards. This is a pretty contentious point among drivers.
However, your 2010 Accent does have a way to monitor temperature to some degree (no pun intended). There is a light in your dashboard that looks like a key with water underneath (I jokingly like to refer to this as "The Key is in the River").
This light should warn you when your engine coolant temperature is unsafe.
I couldn't find the manual for the 2010 Accent, but see page 67 of the 2011 manual here: http://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/download/?f=manual_2011_accent1.pdf
Your 2010 should have the same dash if I'm not mistaken.
Unfortunately, this doesn't give you a precise temperature reading -- you will need to install an after-market temperature gauge if you need better. While it's not a totally trivial process, the gauges and labor are relatively cheap (starts around $12 on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2h3o99S).
You could absolutely tackle this project yourself if you're handy with a few tools and eBay has a great guide to get you started here: http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Install-a-Temperature-Gauge-/10000000205794606/g.html
Hope this helps! Please don't forget to mark this answer as correct if it does. Thanks!