Can the Prius Plug In be charged using the onboard engine? Can it be driven with electric propulsion and the engine used to generate a battery charge? Kind of a gasoline/electric? I see where the little BMW has this capability. There are many applications of this tech. around. Ships use it and of course train locomotives use it. The gas or diesel engine only runs generators. Electric motors provide the power to the wheels.
Toyota Prius Plug-in - Electric driving only.
- You will see these arrows in every question page. They allow you to upvote/downvote according to the relevancy of the question/answer.
- Edit your question/answer if you wish to change it or update it.
- If you dont understand something about the question, leave a comment asking. The answer field should be only used for answers.
- If the author of a question marks an answer as the solution, this mark will be visible.
- Click here to see more details about the operation of the system!