A few years ago, my FJ had bearings go bad in the rear differential. The vehicle was under warranty so Toyota replaced the rear diff. Now my mechanic is saying there is a potential problem with the rear diff again. I just wondered if this is a common problem.
Toyota FJ Cruiser - Are others having problems with the rear differential?
- You will see these arrows in every question page. They allow you to upvote/downvote according to the relevancy of the question/answer.
- Edit your question/answer if you wish to change it or update it.
- If you dont understand something about the question, leave a comment asking. The answer field should be only used for answers.
- If the author of a question marks an answer as the solution, this mark will be visible.
- Click here to see more details about the operation of the system!
This is a common complaint with FJ owners. You may need to get it replaced. If it's on your own dime, this could be an excuse to upgrade to an aftermarket solution, which hopefully will prevent this issue in the future.