California, Texas, Illinois and Missouri were examined.
- How much is the average car insurance?
With so many variables associated with insuring a car, establishing an 'average' is difficult.
With that, insuring a vehicle in an urban area is more expensive than coverage in a rural area, securing total coverage is more expensive than obtaining only liability, and your driving record will factor significantly into your rates.
Most studies suggest an across-the-country average of $800 per year, but insuring your 16-year old might cost four times that, while obtaining only liability on your 16-year old minivan might be 1/4th that.
- What does travel auto insurance cover?
Few things complicate travel as much as a car accident or hospitalization.
And if involved in a car accident on a vacation, you or your passengers might suffer both.
Insurance is important wherever you and your vehicle might be, but it's exceptionally important when traveling.
When comparing insurance providers, you need to consider three aspects of your coverage: Personal Liability, the Collison Damage Waiver and Supplemental Coverage.
Personal Liability coverage pays the bills if you are at fault, the Collision Damage Waiver will repair or replace your vehicle,
and Supplemental Coverage is just that - a means of covering those unforeseen expenses that are an inevitable product of an unforeseen accident.
It's why they're called accidents.
- What can I do to lower my Auto insurance costs?
- If you park an expensive vehicle on the street in a congested, urban area you are probably paying a great deal for your auto insurance. Conversely, if you drive a less expensive, older vehicle in the suburbs and garage that vehicle every evening, you'll probably pay significantly less. However, if you're staying where you are and driving what you drive, you can still reduce costs of insurance with the addition of an anti-theft menu of modifications to your car, maintaining a clean driving record while opting for defensive driving, and improving both your driving habits and driving routine.
- Am I covered if I drive someone else's vehicle?
- Generally, coverage while behind the wheel goes with the vehicle you're in - and not who's in the vehicle. If, however, the vehicle you're driving is not insured, or the coverage does not match those costs associated with the accident, your policy's coverage will kick in to close that gap. For specific answers to the limits of your coverage, regardless of what you're driving, it's best to consult your insurance agent.
- If I rent a car, am I covered?
- While driving a rental car or truck your own insurance coverage may or may not cover you, your passengers and vehicle. In that this coveage will vary state by state, it's best to take the question to your insurance company for a complete and accurate evaluation of your current coverage, as well as the costs associated with any supplemental coverage you might need or wish to secure. It's far better to pay the relatively small fees prior to a rental than the thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket costs if your own policy were to fall short.
In an incident that must make him the unluckiest man alive, a California man had two cars mangled by two trees during a storm in Sacramento last week.
Think Turo, only facilitated by Mercedes-Benz.
Snapsheet aims to help insurance providers process claims more quickly, get their customers paid as soon as possible and back in safe, repaired vehicles.
Tesla once again offering something most OEMs don't.
Accidents happen. With this dashboard camera, you'll be protected when they do.
Even if you drive in the U.S. with top-notch auto insurance, it will not cover your car in Mexico.
It's an inescapable truth: Your insurance premiums will go up - and may even double according to Bankrate - when you add a new, inexperienced driver to your policy.
Car enthusiasts don't buy sports cars to stay in the slow lane. But given that the allure of higher speeds and bolder performance might lead to faster and more aggressive driving, they might think manufacturers have outfitted these cars with stringent safety protections.
A rare 1970 Plymouth Hemi Barracuda in avocado green with a floral-pattern vinyl roof and valued at $1.4 million has been stolen, and Hagerty is offering a $50,000 reward to help get it back.
At least two prominent billionaires believe the arrival of self-driving cars will eventually spell the end of the auto insurance industry. Speaking on CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Monday morning, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates said they believe autonomous vehicles will upend car insurers.
Depending on the point of view, Ford's new speed-limiting technology either helps lead foots curb their appetite for speed or acts as an overbearing back-seat driver that a driver's control.
Apple pie and baseball games are not the only things that define America. Road trips have always been a source of excitement for all Americans. Throughout the years people have always associated road trips to an escapism from reality or a new start. Es
Buying a new car can be a very exciting experience but there are a few things you must consider to prepare for the responsibility you are taking on. When looking at possible cars you may want to purchase, consider how much the monthly payment will