2001 PT Cruiser Owner Reviews (13)
A NICE LITTLE CAR !
vata61 2012-08-12 16:56:00
All have good and bad to say about ANY car...I think it's alot of luck. Theres always a bad apple in every bunch. I've had my 01 for about 6 years now. Has done me good. Only minor repairs here and there...which are expected on any car. Its never left me stranded...has started every winter and runs very well. It's stylish...comfortable and well made. Only con is the engine can sound a bit noisy at times...but with 102k on this car..it's still going strong. I love my PTC. I would recommend this car without hesitation! The 01's are made with style....some of the newer models looks like they went cheap on the interior. My 01 is styling and classy!
Good, Reliable Car
NoCarsGo77 2009-04-24 15:24:53
I bought my '01 PT in 2004 with 35,000 on it..Five years later and I have put on 160,000 more reliable and rather comfy miles! Granted, I had to replace the wheel/ball bearings but that should be expected for a car with so many miles. I went from a Ford Windstar into this and fell in love the the styling and the hauling capability! This car has held together excellently and am now thinking of buying another!
2001 PT CRUISER/ A FEW PROBLEMS NOTICED WHEN NEW..
AOL user 2009-03-12 05:43:29
I REALLY LOVED THIS CAR, AFTER THE SECOND RE-TOOLING IS WHEN I RECEIVED MY NEW PT CRUISER... I NOTICED THAT THE CARPET WAS NOT LAYED OUT CORRECTLY WHICH LEFT HUMPS ON THE FLOOR OF THE CAR, THE SEAT FABRIC WAS OVER STRETCHED ON THE BACKS OF THE SEATS, PLUS THE BACK HATCH DOOR HAS BEEN RUSTING AT THE BOTTOM. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED. I NEVER NOTICED ALL THE PROBLEMS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE. HAVE ALWAYS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE BRAKES/SQUEELING EVEN AFTER I REPLACED THE BRAKES WITH THE BEST PADS I COULD FIND. THIS WAS MY FIRST CHRYSLER PRODUCT AND AFTER MY EXPERIENCE, THIS WILL BE MY LAST...
AOL user 2009-01-26 21:48:02
I was one of the first to obtain my 2001 and it has served me well over the years. It is well built, has great space for passengers or cargo and is still going strong. Thought that it was funny looking when I first saw it on 2000, but went for the Retro look. I think that it is a mistake for Chrysler to discontinue this car. Great car and value. Went from a mini-van to this car and am happy.
CJOYFULL1 2008-12-16 17:57:03
I love my PT. Never had a problem with it yet. Still running strong as when I first purchased it. Keeping up with oil changes and fluid changes is I feel the best thing you can do. It's definitely proved itself again nand again. I also have a Chevy k-5 Blazer which I ADORE and LOVE! I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING BUT AMERICAN! I beleive in keeping OUR MONEY and OUR JOBS....HELLO!!? IN OUR COUNTRY. YOU SHOULD DO THE SAME.
PTC - A Great Car !
Cimconsult 2008-12-16 16:19:18
I have owned a 2001 PTC Limited Edition basic 4 cly. since waiting on those delivery days back when it took months... and you paid a premium for the priviledge of having one.... I have not had any major maintenance issues in over 112k miles. I maintain my car as far as oil, service, tires, tuneups, etc. but it has been the best car and most roomy and service friendly car I have ever had.... I am 62 and owned a lot of cars. Yea PTC!
Review of 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
tztw0s9zusr 2008-12-14 20:39:34
My 2001 Cruiser
SIMPLY, ONE OF THE BEST AUTOS IV EVER OWNED.
Review of 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Great Car, Very Practical, Needs Some Quality Improvement
My wife and I bought one of the first PT Cruisers delivered in Cleveland from Crestmont Chrysler in Beachwood, Ohio. We paid full list price in cash plus a $2,000 premium to get early delivery. We have the Limited version with sunroof, AM/FM/CD, leather, automatic, base engine, and all options available at the time except the roof rack. My wife drives it 90% of the time. We have it regulary serviced according to the Owners Manual.
- My wife and I still like the styling after 5 years.
- Flexibilty of the interior configuration is excellent and has proven to be very useful.
- Little or no squeaks or rattles in the body after 50,000 miles. Body still feels tight.
- Zero problems with engine or transmission.
- Handles well in Cleveland snow with all season tires when using Traction Control feature
- Chrome plated aluminum wheels replaced at 25,000 miles with chrome flaking off, convered by warranty after fighting with dealer, Crestmont. Refused to cover under warranty when my wife complained. When I complained they changed their minds. Chrome flaking off second set of wheels at 45,000 miles. Wheels expensive and looked good when new but low quality plating soon changed all of that.
- Rust at internal door lock mechanisms at 25,000 miles. Rust bleeds onto exterior paint. Parts were not galvanized at factory accoriding to mechanice. "Five Star" dealer, Crestmont,refused to fix under warranty.
- Air conditioner failed at 35,000 miles. $1200 repair. Not covered under warranty.
- Most front suspension parts needed replacement at 40,000 miles. $1200 repair. Not covered under warranty.
- Carpet wearing out too quickly for mileage.