Customers with compatible iPhone, iPad and iPod devices running iOS 6 or iOS 7 can ask Siri to deliver a number of services hands free. Eyes Free allows drivers to use their voice while keeping the device's screen from lighting up. The iPhone is paired with MyLink radio via Bluetooth, and commands are given by using the steering wheel voice activation button to begin and end sessions. Owners will be able to make voice-activated, hands-free calls from their iPhone contacts list; play songs from iTunes libraries or switch over to AM/FM radio, XM or iPod mode; compose, send and receive an iMessage or text message; access their calendar and add appoitments. See press release below for more details. Owners that choose Chevrolet MyLink also have six months of Onstar services like Directions, Automatic Crash Response and Roadside Assistance.
DETROIT – Chevrolet today announced additional vehicles with Chevrolet MyLink will be available with Siri, Apple's intelligent assistant that helps get things done just by asking. Siri Eyes Free Integration will be available on the 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS and Volt.
"The response to Siri Eyes Free integration in Chevy Sonic and Spark from our customers has been remarkable," said Chris Perry, Chevrolet vice president of U.S. Marketing. "Easy, reliable and portable connectivity is a top priority for our customers, and Siri complements MyLink's existing capabilities to help deliver an incredible driving experience, so we're excited to expand this to even more customers."
Through the cars' available Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system, customers with a compatible iPhone* running iOS 6 or iOS 7 can direct Siri to perform a number of tasks while they safely keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the wheel. To help further minimize distraction, Siri takes hands-free functionality even further with an Eyes Free mode which enables drivers to interact with their iPhones using nothing more than their voice while keeping the device's screen from lighting up.
Owners simply connect their iPhone with the MyLink radio via Bluetooth, pair with the system, and use the steering wheel voice activation button to begin and end sessions with Siri in Eyes Free mode.
In the 2014 Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, SS and Volt vehicles equipped with MyLink, owners can use Siri in Eyes Free mode to:
- Make voice-activated, hands-free calls to Contacts on their iPhone
- Play songs in their iTunes libraries, and even switch music sources automatically from AM/FM/XM radio to iPod mode
- Listen to, and compose and send an iMessage or text message to a phone number or anyone in saved Contacts
- Access Calendar and add appointments
- In addition, these vehicles also come with six months of OnStar's premium Directions and Connections service. OnStar brings added safety, security and connectivity to these vehicles, including services such as Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostics and Roadside Assistance.
* Siri is available on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, and iPad (3rd and 4th generations), iPad mini and iPod touch (5th generation), and requires Internet access. Siri may not be available in all languages or in all areas, and features may vary by area. Cellular data charges may apply.
Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.