The list spans across the nation from Florida, to New Jersey to Ohio. But Michigan catches the brunt of the poorly priced real estate market, with Detroit taking the best of the worst honor by having the median listing price is $21,000 for a house, according to Trulia.com. That kind of change might get you a Chevy Cruze or Hyundai Elantra.
A new midsize sedan in the driveway should not cost more than the house it's parked next to.
In reverse order, here's the list and the city's median price for a home. Sadly, it's easy to pick a vehicle that costs more than any of these prices.
10. Port Richey, Florida: $59,900
9. Holiday, Florida: $59,900
8. Youngstown, Ohio: $57,550
7. Dearborn Heights, Michigan: $55,000
6. Whiting, New Jersey: $52,450
5. Warren, Michigan: $49,900
4. Redford, Michigan: $40,000
3. Gary, Indiana: $39,900
2. Flint, Michigan: $31,950
1. Detroit, Michigan: $21,000