At first blush, Munich seems like an awfully long way to travel for the chance to drive a mid-cycle refresh. But Volkswagen has good reason to ask us to schlep across the Atlantic to drive its updated-for-2012 Tiguan: Momentum.
Called the Black Turbo Launch Edition, this limited-run Volkswagen will represent the first 600 examples of the new Beetle to hit American dealerships.
The Goodyear blimp "Spirit of Safety" erupted into flames and crashed on Sunday, claiming the life of pilot Michael Nerandzic.
Also of interest:
- Confirmed: Camaro ZL1 will have automatic option, offer ZR1 traction system
- Video: Subaru driver Mark Higgins has "the moment of his life" at Isle of Man
- Official: Saab signs second partnership with China's Youngman
- Report: Toyota says there is "no meaning" in being No. 1
- Report: Ford requiring Lincoln dealers to spend $1 million each to renovate showrooms