The lap time: 1:59.995 – nearly four seconds faster than the previous record of 2:03.86 held by a Corvette ZR1 driven by Jan Magnussen.
Not just a venue for Formula One and MotoGP racing, this Texas track will be used for business functions, full-size concerts and even a trauma training facility for area medical students.
Two plug-in vehicles were destroyed in a fire in a home in the Connecticut town of Barkhamsted last night.
Also of interest:
- Video: Volvo teases Concept Universe for Shanghai
- 2013 Dodge Viper coming in late 2012, stability control confirmed
- Opel removes governor on Insignia OPC 'Unlimited', runs to 168 mph
- Roush announces 2012 Stage 3 Mustang with 540 horsepower
- More Buick Envision CUV concept renderings trickle out ahead of Shanghai