The open road is always calling and, when a friend is ready to join in, it means the stars have aligned for a road trip. Thankfully, a brief call from Airstream put my name on the keys of a 2011 Avenue slumbering in a Los Angeles parking lot.
Ford recently threw a party at the Auto Alliance Mustang factory in Flat Rock, MI to celebrate the official delivery of its new 2012 Mustang Cobra Jet, a vehicle that the company proudly maintains is quickest accelerating production vehicle ever made.
From our discussions with BMW engineers and spokespeople here in Germany, the automaker has taken the (hard) lessons learned from its last M5, gone back to the drawing board and injected this newest M with the best it has to offer. And we should know if they've succeeded well before you're ready to place your down payment early next year.
Also of interest:
- Nissan Altima outsells Camry, Accord in March, named best-selling sedan in America for first time
- Current generation BMW M3 to be last naturally aspirated M car
- 2012 Audi A7 to start at $59,250,* configurator live
- Kentucky reportedly approves incentives for next Chevrolet Corvette - but will GM bite?
- BMW's i Ventures gets new president, board