Volkswagen may not be the first into the game, but they want to arrive ready to play hardball. The future awaits.
One 500-horsepower, 4.0-liter V8 engine and two electric motors capable of a combined 218 horsepower. 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds. A top speed of 199. Cost? $845,000 plus destination and handling.
Exclusive: NASCAR racer Jeff Gordon will make an appearance in CARS 2 as Jeff Gorvette.
Also of interest:
- Would you wait to buy a Japanese car? [w/poll]
- Spy Shots: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series caught working out in the cold
- Tesla lets us peek in on Model S development
- GM unveils next-gen Chevrolet Colorado ahead of Bangkok debut
- NHTSA issues new child seat guidelines