Try as it might, the BMW M3 Coupe can't lose the Alpina B7. The two of us are an unlikely automotive pair, playing cat-and-mouse on one long road to nowhere deep in the reaches of an unincorporated area of the California coastal mountains. The air is cool and the canyons are mostly quiet. Only the sound of two wailing V8s breaks the silence.
Subaru's Rear-Wheel Drive Sports Car Technology Concept is officially Geneva-bound. That's right, no all-wheel drive, at least not in concept form.
Audi says goodbye to old luxury, then welcomes progress with its all-new 2011 Audi A8 sedan.
Also of interest:
- Should left turns be illegal?
- Gilles: Next Dodge Viper inspired by a "naked woman on the beach." Aren't we all?
- Spy Shots: Baby Maserati Quattroporte mule snapped hiding in plain sight
- Mini E to be phased out in a year, Coupe goes on sale this fall
- Scion sales down 20%, but "we have the exact customer we want"
- NHTSA announces new 'ejection mitigation' regulation