Can a Prius be sporty? Toyota's latest offering here at SEMA proves to us that it can certainly try to look the part. The Prius C&A Custom Concept wears an aggressive, lightweight carbon fiber body kit and rides on 18-inch forged aluminum wheels. What's more, the C&A has been substantially lowered thanks to a TIEN setup that puts the hatch four inches lower to the ground up front and six inches lower out back. The result is a Prius that has been transformed from a do-good hybrid into what looks like the anime version of a Lamborghini Reventón.
The upgrades have continued inside the Prius', where the cabin has been covered (and we mean covered) in Alcantara suede. The headliner, A and B pillars, door trim, rear seat, console box, front Recaro seats, steering wheel and even the aluminum shift knob all wear Alcantara.
This Prius certainly echoes the SEMA theme, as odd as it may be. See for yourself in our high-res gallery below, and read Toyota's own words about the C&A Custom in the press release after the jump.
Photos copyright ©2010 Drew Phillips / AOL
The Prius C&A Custom Concept vehicle was developed by the Conversions and Accessories group at Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan to demonstrate the unlimited potential for sports car modification on the worlds best-selling hybrid vehicle. The Prius C&A Custom Concept is making its North American debut at the 2010 SEMA Show.
From front to rear, with the exception of the doors, the Mystic Lavender exterior of the Toyota Prius C&A is equipped with light-weight carbon fiber. Exterior areas equipped with carbon fiber include aero side skirts with vertical spoilers, front bumper and fender flares with radically large air intakes, the engine hood, roof, rear hatch, rear spoiler, rear bumper with vertical spoiler, and rear garnish. Other exterior features include an outside mirror CCD camera system, smoked rear combination lamp with a translucent rear side spoiler, styled exhaust tip and front and rear lighted Toyota badging.
The Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept rides on 18-inch, forged wheels with aluminum aero rings, and are wrapped with Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS-02 215/40R18 eco sport tires. A sport suspension by TIEN lowers the Prius concept by four inches in the front and six inches in the rear.
Inside, the right-hand drive Prius C&A features black Alcantara® simulated suede fabric on the ceiling, "A" and "B" pillars, door trim, rear seat and console box. Alcantara suede is also found on the steering wheel and aluminum shift knob. The driver and front passenger ride in comfort on RECARO seats with embroidered "C&A" logos.
An additional gauge on the instrument panel features "G," output, and mileage meters, along with a water thermometer and voltmeter. A navigation system by DENSO features an eco function that displays total electric motor and engine kilowatt output, steering angle (0 to +450 degrees), speed, accelerator open angle, and mileage.
In addition to its North American debut at SEMA, the Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept is also part of Toyota's 10 years of Prius celebration in America.
# # #
Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept Features
• Carbon fiber hood, roof, back door, rear spoiler, aero side skirt with vertical spoiler, rear bumper with vertical spoiler front bumper, front fender flares, rear garinsh
• 18-inch forged wheel with aluminum-made aero ring
• Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS-02-215/40R18 tires
• Styled exhaust tip
• Lighted front and rear Toyota badging
• Door mirror CCD camera system
• Smoked rear combination lamp
• Translucent rear side spoiler on rear combination lamp
• Mystic Lavender body color
• Alcantara (simulated suede) steering wheel
• Aluminum shift knob with Alcantara suede
• Instrument panel gauge supplement includes "G" meter, output meter, mileage, water thermometer, and voltmeter
• Black interior with Alcantara suede trim on ceiling, "A" and "B" pillar, door trim, rear seat, and console box
• Driver and passenger RECARO seats with embroidered C&A logo
• DENSO navigation system with ECO display functions including motor, engine and total kilowatt output, steering angle (0 to +450 degrees), speed, accelerator open angle, mileage
• TEIN lowered sport suspension (four inches in front; six inches in rear)