We were curious how a hopped-up SX4 would perform, particularly in 2010 MY guise, which gets a bump to 150 horses and gains a six-speed manual transmission. Can it compete with the world's best hot hatches?
Chrysler engineers have taken the 2011 Challenger SRT8 up a notch or two with a new 6.4-liter V8 that produces 470 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque while delivering 15-20 percent better fuel economy than the outgoing 6.1-liter V8.
When the new Focus goes on sale in early 2011, Ford will offer sport packages for both the mid-grade SE and top-end Titanium models, adding things like a more aggressively tuned suspension, larger wheels, better brakes and a host of interior upgrades. Still, only a five-speed manual?
Also of interest:
- SEMA Preview: Chrysler goes hog wild [w/video]
- Video: Anchors away as 60 Minutes covers Top Gear
- Ford buying back some recalled Windstars
- Score a 2011 Nissan Leaf for just $12,280? It's possible
- Cadiilac STS trudges into 2011 model year sans V8 engine
- Ford transaction prices up 14% due to Sync, other technology