The biggest news for Infiniti's 2011 model year lineup may be the all-new M sedan, QX56 SUV, G25 sedan and IPL G coupe, but that doesn't mean the rest of the automaker's portfolio sails into the new year unchanged. The smaller EX crossover/wagon thingie, for example, gets a host of new updates including a seven-speed automatic transmission, larger wheel choices and more standard technology.
Curiously, Infiniti is still offering the EX with its smaller 3.5-liter V6, even though the majority of its products now use the more powerful 3.7-liter mill. Still, with 297 horsepower on tap, the EX35 should continue to be a surprisingly engaging steer, and with a new seven-speed gearbox in place, fuel efficiency should be improved for 2011, especially in the all-wheel drive models.
From there, all EX models now come standard with 18-inch wheels (a 19-inch set is available with the Deluxe Touring Package), dual-zone automatic climate control and new exterior paint options including Arctic Blue (pictured). Other changes for 2011 include Active Blind Spot Warming being added to the EX's technology package and a revised premium package that encompasses both the upgraded Bose audio system and around-view camera system.
The 2011 EX is making its way to dealerships as you read this, priced from $34,150 (*excluding destination fees). A top-end EX35 Journey AWD will set you back $37,750, drastically undercutting the price of BMW's new (and admittedly larger) X3 xDrive35i that we recently tested. Follow the jump for the full list of 2011 EX changes in Infiniti's press release.
– Blind Spot Warning System, 19-inch Wheels Also Available for New Model Year –
Infiniti today announced the release of the revised 2011 Infiniti EX crossover SUV, which is on sale now at Infiniti retailers nationwide. Major revisions for 2011 include:
* New 7-speed automatic transmission (previously 5-speed) for improved fuel economy (AWD) and performance
* Standard 18-inch wheels and tires (previously 17-inch)
* New white color scheme for gauges and LCD instrument display
* Standard Dual Zone Automatic Temperature Control (previously on Journey models only)
* Three new exterior colors: Arctic Blue, Midnight Garnet and Graphite Shadow
* Moonlight White exterior color now available with Chestnut interior
* Revised Premium Package combines previous Bose® and Around View® Monitor Packages
* Previous Premium Package becomes the Deluxe Touring Package
* 19-inch wheels and tires added as part of the Deluxe Touring Package
* Advanced Blind Spot Warning (BSW) system added to the Technology Package
The 2011 Infiniti EX continues to offer a sculpted exterior design matched with an engaging interior environment with standard leather-appointed seating. All models come equipped with an advanced 297-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine and the new 7-speed automatic transmission. Also available is Infiniti's Intelligent All-Wheel Drive.
The EX's long list of available features and technology includes RearView Monitor, premium audio system, power-up folding 2nd row seat, Lane Departure Prevention system (LDP), Intelligent Cruise Control (Full-Speed Range), Distance Control Assist (DCA) and Intelligent Brake Assist (IBA) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW).
2011 Infiniti EX Pricing
The 2011 Infiniti EX is available in four models: EX35 RWD, EX35 AWD, EX35 RWD Journey and EX35 AWD Journey. The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP)* are:
|EX35 RWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$34,150 USD|
|EX35 Journey RWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$36,350 USD|
|EX35 AWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$35,550 USD|
|EX35 Journey AWD||3.5-liter V6 / 7-speed automatic||$37,750 USD|
*MSRP excludes applicable tax, title, license and Destination & Handling fees. Dealer sets actual price. Prices and specs are subject to change without notice.