When we tested the 750 horsepower 2010 Shelby GT500 Super Snake, our man Jonathon Ramsey declared it the "new king" of Mustangs. Surprisingly, he found that the suspension was able to – barely – keep up with the engine, but we figured that the Super Snake had just about all the power a street-driven Mustang could handle. We thought wrong, at least according to Shelby.
Ol' Carroll has upped the ante in the horsepower wars once again by offering up to 800 horsepower in the newly-released 2011 version of the Super Snake. Of course, there are more sane options including 660 horsepower and 750 horsepower variants, but the 800 horsepower version will undoubtedly be the must-have for the guy (or girl) who needs the biggest and baddest 'Stang on the block. Also new for 2011 are the optional anthracite wheels, white stripes and new side scoops. The Super Snake package starts at $30,245 (just $250 less than the cost of a brand new 2011 Mustang GT) and can be built at Shelby's Las Vegas facility or at any of their official Mod Shops around the country. Hit the jump for complete specs for the 2011 Super Snake package and more details.
[Source: Shelby American]
"Ford Motor Company did a marvelous job making the 2011 model year GT500 lighter and more powerful," said John Luft, president of Shelby American. "Our team applied its experience building Super Snakes over the past several years to offer a package that dramatically increases the new car's capabilities. And with the visual changes we've made, it will be a definite stand out on the road or track."
Just like the 2011 Shelby GT350, born on the proving grounds of the drag strip and road course at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Shelby American worked with companies like Ford Racing to create an even more aggressive suspension and engine package for the 2011 Super Snake.
"We extensively tested our mods for the 2011 model car before we decided the package was ready for the public," added Gary Davis, vice president of production and R&D at Shelby American. "For those who want more performance than the stock GT500 offers, the Super Snake will definitely meet their expectations."
For the 2011 model year, more power, a new anthracite wheel, white stripes and new side scoops are optional.
"We've only offered black stripes and chrome wheels on the Super Snake since we introduced the package a couple of years ago," added Davis. "With the serious advancements made to the 2011 model year, it was time to differentiate it from the previous generation car. So we added an 800 horsepower tune, optional wheel, side scoop and stripes to make it easy to spot the new Shelby Super Snake."
The 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
• Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
• 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
• Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger upgrade producing over 660 HP and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
• Either a Shelby/Ford Racing or Shelby/Kenne Bell supercharger kit producing 750 HP with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges
• Optional Shelby/Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
• Borla exhaust system
• An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is also available
• Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
• Short-throw shifter
• Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
• Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
• Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
• Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
• "Shelby" lettering across the rear deck lid
• "Super Snake" vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
• Optional two tone leather interior
• Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
The price of the 750 HP package is $30,245 including installation but not the car. Each vehicle will be listed in the official Shelby registry. Complete Super Snake packages will only be available through Shelby American and its mod shops. Customers interested in a Shelby GT500 Super Snake should call (702) 942-7325 or log onto www.shelbyamerican.com.