Dacia Logan, Logan MCV and Sandero Black Line – Click above for high-res image gallery
These days it seems like every color is being claimed for one cause or another. Medical research has laid claim to a few (pink and yellow come to mind), but so has the automotive industry: red for performance, green for hybrids, blue for clean diesels... Mercedes adopted black as the label for its most extreme AMG models, but now the shade is being used for something decidedly more low-rent: Renault's budget brand and Romanian subsidiary, Dacia.
Available on the Logan, Logan MCV and Sandero – though not, apparently, on the Logan pick-up or the upcoming new Duster crossover – the Black Line adds a touch of class to the budget cars. The package, based on the Laureate trim level, adds such "special" touches as metallic paint, visible top-stitching on the black fabric upholstery, MP3-capable CD player and a leather-trimmed steering wheel. Nothing ground-breaking here, and it's not going to outshine an SL63 by any means, but finally a car Top Gear's James May can drive to the symphony. Details in the press release after the jump and photos in the gallery below.
[Source: Renault] PRESS RELEASE:
January 6, 2010
BLACK LINE LIMITED EDITIONS: EXTRA STYLE AND ADDED COMFORT FOR A TYPICALLY LOW DACIA PRICE
- Dacia France is to launch Black Line limited edition versions of Logan, Sandero and Logan MCV.
- Black Line limited edition versions target customers who want a more refined Dacia but who have no intention of renouncing the brand's fundamental values.
- These Black Line limited edition versions are based on the Lauréate equipment level (electric front windows, central locking, power steering, etc.) and come with the following additional equipment:
- Styling features: metallic paint, black headlamp masks (Sandero), new black upholstery with visible stitching, new grey/beige 'Shiny' interior trim.
- Comfort features: leather-trimmed steering wheel, radio-CD MP3 with steering wheel-mounted fingertip remote control.
- Like all Dacia models, Logan Black Line, Sandero Black Line and Logan MCV Black Line are robust and reliable, and also deliver an unbeatable equipment/performance/interior room package for their price.
• Order books for Black Line limited edition models open this week.
• DACIA SANDERO, DACIA LOGAN AND DACIA LOGAN MCV BLACK LINE LIMITED EDITIONS
...The specific features of BLACK LINE limited edition versions are:
- Metallic paint (Pearlescent Black, Platine Grey, Comète Grey1),
- Black Line badging,
- Black headlamp masks2,
- Body colour exterior door handles and exterior mirrors.
- Centre console, air vent surrounds, 'Shiny' grey/beige door grab handles,
- Specific black upholstery with visible stitching,
- Flesh-spilt leather-trimmed steering wheel,
- Radio-CD MP3 with fingertip steering wheel-mounted remote and auxiliary audio socket.
...Additional equipment compared with Lauréate equipment level versions:
- Body colour front and rear bumpers / chrome upper grille trim
- Body colour side protective mouldings
- Longitudinal roof bars (Logan MCV)
- 15-inch steel wheels with full wheel trims
- Height-adjustable driver's seat
- 60/40-split folding rear bench seat (Sandero and Logan MCV)
- Forward-tipping third row bench seat with 50/50-split folding backs (seven-seat Logan MCV)
- Interior equipment
- Satin-finish chrome-effect door handles
Active and passive safety
- ABS + emergency brake assist
- Driver and front passenger front airbags (front passenger airbag manually disconnectable)
- Height-adjustable three-point front seatbelts
- Three three-point rear seatbelts
- Two three-point seatbelts for third row passengers (seven-seater Logan MCV)
- Three height-adjustable rear headrests
- Comma-type headrest for middle rear passenger
- Two comma-type headrests for third row passengers (seven-seater Logan MCV)
- Coded immobilizer
- Driving aids and instruments
- Hydraulic power steering
- Six-function trip computer3: total distance, split distance, fuel used, average fuel consumption, remaining range, average speed / door open warning
- Three-speed windscreen wiper
- Defrosting rear screen
- Electric defrosting exterior mirrors
- Central locking
- Electric Pack (radio frequency remote control + electric front windows)
- Tinted glass
- Vanity mirror incorporated in passenger-side sun visor / Boot lighting
- Glove box light
- Removable ashtray / cigarette lighter
- Height-adjustable steering wheel
- Heater and four-speed fan
- Air recycling
- Glove box / front door bins
- Stowage at the foot of centre console
- Can-holders on front/rear centre console
- Cup-holders for third row passengers (seven-seater Logan MCV)
- Map pockets on back of front seats
- Stowage in main rear door / mesh pocket incorporated in small rear door (Logan MCV)
- Radio pre-equipment
Options available for Black Line limited edition versions:
• Manual climate control €900
• 15-inch alloy wheels €400
• Spare wheel €70
• Removable baggage cover (seven-seater Logan MCV) €80