- No $30K Chevy Volt without Congress' help
- Enter the carbon fiber Axon hatchback, Progressive Automotive X-Prize competitor
- 52mpg Peugeot 308 now available as police car
- VIDEO: Fiat Phylla powered by sunshine
- Big Ideas, season 2 preview: Transport
- 2001 Toyota Rav4 EV fetches a record $89,200 on eBay!
- Paris '08 Preview: Mazda1 micro-car to debut
- VIDEO: Solar speedboat makes waves
GM needs help. If the General is going to sell a lot of Chevy Volts, it needs them to be affordable, like under $30k. But that's a tough target to hit when you've got those pricey li-ion batteries inside. So, GM knows who to turn to: Congress. But people are willing (very willing) to pay a lot of money for battery-powered transportation. Need proof? Check out this $89,200 eBay sale of a 2001 Toyota Rav4 EV. That much for NiMH batteries? Wow.