Kwik-Fit says the service will "help motorists run cleaner, more efficient vehicles thus reducing their motoring impact on the environment," but we're all aware that properly inflated tires, a new air filter, etc. will get you that same benefit. Here's what Kwik-Fit will give you for Go Green and 20 minutes of your time:
- An information pack about The CarbonNeutral Company scheme along with a certificate to commemorate the offsetting of one tonne of carbon.
- Adding a fuel treatment to the tank that systematically cleans the engine and ensures it burns cleanly and efficiently.
- Checking brakes are operating efficiently – minimising the amount of fuel needed to slow the car.
- Checking emissions for improper gases so that they meet and exceed legal requirements for a balanced mix.
- Checking that the engine management system sensor for O2 is operational and sending the optimum amount of fuel to the combustion chamber.
- Offsetting one tonne of carbon by funding verified emissions reductions projects around the world. This is equivalent to 6 months or 4,000 miles of average driving by the average car.