- Best bioethanol vehicle: Ford Flexifuel range of vehicles
- Best hybrid: Toyota Prius
- Best hydrogen/fuel-cell development: BMW Hydrogen 7 Series
- Best CNG: Opel CNG range of models
- Best electronics: Mercedes for its Smart
- Best improvements in CO2 emissions reduction: BMW's EfficientDynamics Policy
- Best waste management. Volkswagen's SiCon procedure.
- Best "saving" car: Mercedes' Smart
- Best communication campaign: Peugeot, for its "Protects" instead of "Commodity advertisement" campaign
- Best research projects: Dieter Hensig (biodiesel) and Prof. Christof Wetter (bioethanol)
As you can see, all the German marques (plus Peugeot, which sells quite a number of vehicles in Germany, and Toyota) got their awards.
[Source: BMW (link is in German)]
[Edited: Toyota is also in the list, thanks to Tariq for the tip]