I was browsing Ecorazzi, as I often do, and I stumbled upon the above clip. It made me laugh, so I'll share the good times with all of you.
(Sarcasm ON) Do you believe in global warming, or "climate change"? Do you think that man is causing it, or even contributing to it? Uh oh. Be on the watch for Christopher Horner - he's after you. Did you know that you are a "green"? I didn't know that I was, at least, not until I heard him say it. As a matter of fact, if you are browsing this very site, then you probably are a "green". You are part of a vast conspiracy that is taking over all the governments of the world.
Continue after the break to find out why "the sky is not falling, despite the Green Left's best efforts". (Sarcasm OFF)
The following points were taken from the "Conservative Book Service" editor's review of Christopher's book:
- Proof: media hype and deceptive Al Gore slide shows notwithstanding, greenhouse gas concentrations demonstrably do not determine temperatures
- The mainstream media's routinely sloppy, inaccurate reporting about evidence of global warming and other environmental matters
- More proof: The hole in the ozone layer - the 1980s manmade environmental crisis - was caused by the Antarctic atmosphere being too cold
- How environmentalists throughout modern history have instilled fear over one looming "crisis" or another with the aim of increasing government control over things big and small
- Why the environmental alarmists do whatever they can to avoid actual debate
- The environmentalist movement: not a grassroots phenomenon driven by scruffy idealists but an elite-driven movement that lards the coffers of pressure campaigns with wealth - commonly inherited, often corporate, and far too-frequently looted from the taxpayer
- Recent studies that have shown that the environment is actually flourishing - and how the greens have turned even these into evidence of our imminent doom
- "To feed a starving child is to exacerbate the world population problem": the environmentalists' openly anti-human agenda
- How real pollution problems can be addressed through the technological improvements that the Left is doing all it can to obstruct
- Al Gore's global warming jihad: how it will lead to massively higher costs and direct or indirect energy rationing - and probably many measures that are even worse
- How much of the budget for environmental pressure groups comes directly from taxpayers -- through grants for public "education" and congressional schemes designed to subsidize the greens' lawyers
- Green lunacy run amok: how even respectable political figures (and Slick Willie) say that the environmental damage caused by American industry is a greater threat than terrorism
- Why, as with other political crusades that fail in the arena of representative democracy, the greens now see the courts and supranational bodies as their best hopes
- How environmental policies come with a cost, often to the society as a whole, decreasing wealth, and so harming health - dangers the average environmentalist ignores
- How greens worship primitive lifestyles from afar, while those mired in them would kill to escape them
- How, almost without fail, global warming skeptics are charged with being stooges of industry - a charge that neither addresses the skeptic's criticism or question, nor reflects the fact that most of "industry" now actually supports the alarmists' agenda
- Ethanol: sobering evidence that it might not be good for the environment - and how the damage to soil from single-crop farming is probably more real than global warming
- How the risks of climate change policy far outweigh the risks that might realistically be expected as climate continues to change
So, all you "greens", what do you have to say for yourselves now? Huh?