FORD MOTOR COMPANY ROLLS OUT ITS SHOW VEHICLES AT ANNUAL SEMA GATHERING
- A trio of Shelby GT500s will be center stage at SEMA – a GT500 dragster, GT500 Road and Track and an all-out competition GT500 racecar.
- Two tricked-out 2008 F-250 Super Duty trucks to debut at SEMA
- Ford's vehicle personalization display at SEMA to include a Mustang convertible, a Ford F-150 FX2 Sport and a new 2007 Ford Edge
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 31 – Celebrating "American Muscle" and automotive enthusiasm, Ford Motor Company will showcase more than 30 vehicles at the 2006 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show.
Among the vehicles featured on the Ford stand, will be tricked out versions of the 2007 Ford Edge and 2008 Super Duty, the Ford Fusion, Ford Mustang, Lincoln and Volvo products.
Ford Motor Company show vehicles include:
- Ford Fusion T5 by MRT – The T5 is a driver's delight, hosting a custom packaged, tuned and calibrated Garrett Turbo Charger, a MRT Onboard driver information system and a MRT Aero turbine exhaust. The exterior steps it up with a 3dCarbon body kit and the MRT T5 Black Chrome trim kit.
- All-American Grand Touring Fusion – The All-American Grand Touring Fusion recalls a sense of American pride with its unique paint and graphics package by Steeda Autosports. Steeda modified the 3.0-liter Duratec V-6 with an engineered and tuned cold-air kit and more for enhanced performance.
- Ford Edge by H&R Special Springs, LP – The factory stock powertrain motivates this inspired exterior, featuring a custom front bumper light pod, Hella lamps with LED halo effect and custom Gemballa Orange paint with pearl ghost effect world graphics. On the interior, Carnutz Customz Upholstery Waimea Cliffstone and the Mauna Loa Ash Mica interior accents mirror their volcanic inspiration.
- Ford Edge by 3dCarbon – This Edge has one hot body, courtesy of 3dCarbon and the "California Crossover Series" body kit the Edge sports. The 8-piece kit modifies a body dropped about two inches over custom 3-piece 22" wheels, and houses a Katzkin full leather interior, a DVD system and an attitude that's purely California Coast.
- Project Mustang GT by Ford Vehicle Personalization – Crafted with 25 Ford Racing Performance Parts and Genuine Ford Accessories available off-the-shelf, this Project Mustang GT manages to run 16 miles per hour faster on the quarter mile than the factory-ready GT and looks great doing it.
- 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500 – One of only 1,000 conversions produced, this 40 th Anniversary Package GT500 celebrates all of the best in 40 years of Shelby performance. Exterior styling points include unique 40 th Anniversary badging and sequential number plates, while the interior sports unique Shelby touches such as the Shelby door handles with snakes.
- Ford Mustang GT Convertible by Stitchcraft Interiors Inc. – Although this Mustang GT comes equipped with a Vortech supercharger and MAGNAFLOW performance exhaust, the real story is inside. Stitchcraft interior upgrades and accents, seats, custom audio fabrication and installation and Relaxor seat massagers make this one luxurious ride.
- Ford Mustang GT drop top by K-daddyz Kustomz – This GT has been customized from tip to tail by K-daddyz Kustomz. Performance enhancements like the pro-charger supercharger and Nitrous express system set the tone for the whole vehicle, which also features Dupont HotHues paint and shaved door handles, gas door and GT emblems.
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 –The 1970 Mustang Boss 302 is a prime example of the American muscle car. Brilliantly restored, this is one of only 7,014 of its kind and features the famous 302 CID Windsor engine, a 4 Barrel Holly Carburetor and decades of memories.
- Ford Mustang GT – Drawing on the true spirit of Mustang, this is one wild pony car. The top was chopped one and three-quarter inches and then it was painted a magic black custom mix of orange pearls. The car adds a ducktail wing, Vortech supercharger and a Clarion audio/video/security/navigation system for one uncontrollable ride.
- Ford Explorer Sport Trac Super Muscle Truck – This is a truck with the sensibility of a muscle car featuring a 4.6-liter 3-valve V-8 engine. Barry's Speed Shop retrofitted a Mustang shaker scoop to be a functional cold-air intake, installed a custom lowered suspension and made the interior thoroughly modern with the Sony Xplod stereo system.
- Ford F-150 FX2 Sport Extreme – What began as a simple F-150 FX2 Sport became a real street performance machine after Ford Vehicle Personalization finished with it. The truck now rumbles with 450-horsepower Ford Racing Performance Parts supercharger. Many other performance, appearance and in-vehicle entertainment and telematics modifications were completed, all with off-the-shelf Ford Racing Performance Parts and Genuine Ford Accessories.
- Ford F-150 by Bigfoot Offroad & Performance – The performance capabilities on this truck scream to be tested. The off-road ready truck boasts 8-inches of suspension, supercharger and other off-road ready features straight down to the off-road lighting.
- Project Work-A-HAUL IT – A 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty, dubbed Project Work-A-HAUL IT by Skyjacker, this is a truck built for the most demanding of jobs. 19 exterior upgrades include the 12,000 pound winch and air compressor and side tool boxes, while inside the FordLink™ system is part of this truck's extreme work ethic.
- 2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty by Fabtech – Based from a 2008 F-250 Super Duty 4 x 4 with a 6.4-liter Power Stroke® V-8, Fabtech made a true off-road truck with a fully customized exterior to house it. The powertrain gained Offroad Unlimited aluminum differential covers and the chassis added a 10" suspension to accommodate the installation of 37-inch tires.
- Ford F-150 by DeBerti Designs – Designed by 15-year-old Shane DeBerti, this is a teenager's dream truck come true. This 2006 F-150 4x4 features a specialized 12-inch suspension system matched with an integrated custom tire/wheel package and Volant exhaust with body accessories like a power rear window, underbody neon lighting and power tonneau. Interior accessories include a Sony TV, DVD and Playstation and a 14,000-watt Xplod sound system.
- Ford F-650 by DeBerti Designs – Also called the "DeBerti 6x6," this massive truck has six-wheel drive running off a 330 hp Caterpillar. The ride is managed by an air suspension and Fabtech 4.0 shocks, while the exterior features extensive body work and the interior upgrades include a Sony entertainment system with TV, DVD and Playstation.
- Ford Expedition Funkmaster Flex Concept – SEMA veteran Funkmaster Flex puts his mark all over a Ford Expedition this time around, starting with a 2007 Ford Expedition Limited. Mix in a 5.4-liter Triton™ 3-Valve V-8 with 6-speed automatic transmission, a modified Ford Racing Performance F-150 Split Rear Exhaust System, 24" wheels and appearance and interior upgrades for a truly unique SUV.
- HR+R JDRF Charity Car – This 75 th Anniversary Dearborn Deuce has the body of America's penultimate hot rod with a few modern tricks up its sleeve - like the powerful Ford 4.6-liter dual overhead cam engine, Kugel independent front and rear suspension and even a retractable, convertible top. This car is a hot rod with a purpose; in January it will be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the JDRF.
- The Stallion Trike – Created by Thoroughbred Motorsports, this unique three-wheeled vehicle runs off of a 2.3-liter Ford engine that generates 155 horsepower and 160 lb.-ft. of torque. The exterior is a hand-laid fiberglass body and encloses a cabin featuring leather surfaces, CD player and air conditioning.
- Panoz Esperante GTLM – An aluminum body with carbon fiber superstructures houses a 4.6-liter supercharged 4-valve V-8 by Ford SVT in this unique showpiece by Panoz Auto Development Company. That V-8 engine is capable of propelling this vehicle from 0 to 62 in only 4.2 seconds.
- "RUSH" by Kirkham Motorsports – This is a radical two-seat performance vehicle that features the Ford 3.5-liter Duratec-forced induction, Vortech Supercharged engine. The 2" polished, tubular stainless steel chassis sits atop independent, push rod front and rear suspensions and Penske double-adjustable racing shocks on Ford Motorsports Racing wheels.
- Lincoln Navigator by Galpin Auto Sports – This Navigator is all about luxury. Key design features are the dark, saturated colors like the custom Oxblood paint on the exterior and coordinating Luxe Calf Cherry interior, custom maple-burl details and chrome accents throughout.
- Lincoln Navigator by Exotic Cars – A true mobile office, this vehicle gets the job done in style. The big story here is the full range of audio featured in the vehicle, from the Alpine VPA vehicle hub system and the KVH Tracvision In Motion satellite TV receiver to the AM/FM/CD/DVD/MP3 head unit and the Microsoft XBOX gaming console. The interior also features custom wood accents and custom interior lighting.
- Lincoln MKX by 3dCarbon – 3dCarbon created a white-hot vehicle from this new AWD Lincoln MKX. The custom white paint bathes the vehicle and the 8-piece "Euro Series" body kit. The wheels rest below the dropped body and feature 7-spoke 22-inch brushed wheels with floating center caps while the interior is highlighted with a leather interior and chrome window tints.
- Lincoln MKZ by 3dCarbon - The factory stock 3.5-liter V-6 Duratec powers the Lincoln MKZ and its 6-piece "Euro Series" conversion completed by 3dCarbon. In addition to the 6-piece body kit are a stainless steel front chrome grille, brushed stainless roof overlay and side chrome moldings. Windows feature a sundial window tint and light smoke windshield while the interior gains a full leather interior and Invision headrest monitors with DVD.
- Volvo Caresto V-8 Speedster – One of six hand-built Volvo hot rods, the Volvo Caresto is a beauty made of aluminum and carbon composite, custom tubular-steel frame with both front and rear subframes and Double A-arms of polished stainless steel front and rear suspensions. The Volvo V-8 engine has been ethanol converted and has rated for 315 horsepower on gasoline and 340 horsepower on ethanol.
- Volvo C30 by Evolve – This C30 is a performance machine. The 2.5-liter, dual overhead cam, inline 5-cyliner engine featuring the added Turbo Sequential Twin-turbo configuration rated at 507 horsepower and 468 lb.-ft. of torque. Originally a front wheel drive, the drivetrain was converted to functional all wheel drive using EVOLVE / Haldex Tuned Software, which then sits on a highly sophisticated race inspired suspension. The interior and exterior complete the package with a coordinated yellow scheme.
- HEICO Sportiv – HEICO partnered with Burton Snowboards on this interpretation of a weather-ready Volvo C30. The engine is rated for 300 horsepower and 310 lb.-ft. of torque, all of which powers the modified all wheel drive system. The exterior features rear and side skirting, an integrated snowboard storage system all painted with a 7-stage pearl-effect camo-design. The interior sports hand-crafted leather surfaces, modified Volvo sport seats and aluminum details.
- Volvo C30 by ipd – The base Volvo C30 becomes a look into the future of in-vehicle infotainment with the many upgrades like touch screen navigation with voice control, high definition radio and slot load DVD player. The powertrain, too, takes a high-speed bent with the inclusion of a 2.5-liter Supercharged and Turbocharged 5-cylinder, a Lysholm Twin Screw Super charger, Typhoon air intake system all combine to boost the horsepower to 384 at 7200 rpm and create torque of 408 lb.-ft. The exterior modifications include a Swedish flag theme paint scheme and gull wing doors.
- 1967 Volvo Amazon kombi-69 – This vehicle earned the trip to SEMA by winning the "Sweden's Hottest Volvo" contest, thanks in no small part to touches like the hand-made dashboard and body parts that make it a true one-of-a-kind. The body was rebuilt to change the original 4-door into the current 2-door model, the hand-made fenders lower the car 55mm in the front and 50mm in the rear. The engine is a front mounted inline six cylinder 2.8-liter with turbo and a hand-made stainless steel exhaust and a power output of 600 horsepower. The interior features red elmo leather seats and custom made red vinyl panels.
In addition to all the vehicles on display, the Ford still will also feature four pedal cars that pay homage to the 75 th anniversary of the 1932 Ford. Be sure to stop by the Ford stand during SEMA to view all of the products on display.