- Don't use the car. Consider biking, walking, or using public transportation.
- Car pool. This will reduce the number of vehicles on the road.
- Leave early for your destination. Many crashes are caused by drivers in a rush.
- Stay within the speed limit. A driver moving at 35mph doubles their chances of killing a pedestrian versus driving at 30mph.
- Don't block driveways or double park. Use the parking brake while children are entering or leaving the car.
- When children are exiting the vehicle, make sure they exit onto the sidewalk, not the street.